Last Updated 11/7/19
Welcome to the website (the “Site”) of Green Bits Inc. (“Green Bits,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). Green Bits provides a retail management and point of sale platform (collectively, including the Site and any related mobile applications, the “Service”).
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data You Provide: We collect Personal Data when you register for the Site, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information through the Service, or otherwise contact us. The Personal Data collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, payment card information, Marijuana License Number, and other information you may provide.
Personal Data We Collect Through Our Social Media Pages: We have pages on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Medium, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Personal Data Processed on Behalf of Retail Customers: In order to provide the Service, we collect information (“Retail Transaction Information”) related to transactions processed in our retail customers’ locations. Retail Transaction Information may include your name, payment card information, the time, date, and cost of your transaction, and other information related to your transaction. We process Retail Transaction Information pursuant to our Terms of Service and other agreements with our retail customers. We have no direct relationship with the individuals whose Retail Transaction Information we process on behalf of our retail customers. If you are such an individual and would no longer like your Retail Transaction Information to be used by one of our retail customers that use our Service or you would like to access, correct, or request deletion of your data, please contact the retail customer that you interact with directly.
Personal Data We Receive Automatically From Your Use of the Service: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.) and which browsers are used to access the Service (e.g., Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation patterns. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site (“log data”). Log data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device information: Includes the name of the device, operating system, and the type of browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
Email Pixels: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Your Choices. On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.II. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service to our retail customers;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service, and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Data to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email or telephone number, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails and/or text messages you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.III. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
IV. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Please log in to your account or contact us if you need to change or correct your Personal Data.V. CHILDREN
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Green Bits does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Green Bits through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.VI. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Green Bits via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service or third party websites.
VIII. INTERNATIONAL USERS
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Data will be transferred from your location to the facilities and servers of Green Bits in the United States.IX. YOUR CHOICES
Green Bits, Inc. 75 E Santa Clara Street, 6th Floor
San Jose, CA 95113